Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3

"Should any Iraqi officer or soldier receive an order from
Saddam Hussein or his sons or any of the killers who
occupy the high levels of their government, my advice is
don't follow that order," Bush said. "If you choose to do so,
when Iraq is liberated, you will be treated, tried and
persecuted as a war criminal."

That's interesting .... The United States claims it has exemption from war crimes prosecution. On what logic? "Oh, we're the United States, and the same laws don't apply to us." is the logic.

Yet, now Bush is saying any Iraqi soldier is automatically guilty of war crimes, even if they didn't actually commit any?

And the USA says it doesn't need to belong to nuclear non-proliferation treaties .... and then gives nuclear weapons as a reason to go to war, even though the US has more than anyone.

What the hell is this all about, anyway?

I wish I could still laugh at Bush's foibles like saying "persecuted" and "nucular", but it just isn't funny anymore. It's damn scary.

David
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.