Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
"So is Chicago. I've been once to Charlie Trotter's and will never forget it. I did dine at Le Francais and enjoyed it but was not knocked out as I have been by other dining experiences in Chicago, some of which are no longer in operation (restaurants headed by Michael Reese, if I am recalling correctly). But the Chicago restaurant scene is so vibrant that there is always a head-turning newcomer worthy of a visit for dinner. I've always found Chicago Magazine a very respectable and trustworthy publication where restaurant reviews are concerned (at least it used to be so 10 years ago)."

If you want to check out a good eat from a noted Chicago chef (and Mexican is your choice), Frontera Grill is nice. As one who's watched Food TV since 1994, I've seen plenty of programming, but I am a BIG fan of "Mexico-One Plate At a Time" (now in season #2). Here's the website:
http://www.fronterakitchens.com/home.html.

Chicago Mag is a great source for the area in general. North Shore isn't bad either, but it is more "North Shore".

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.