Skip to main content
Update
The boards are getting a new home!

We're pleased to announce an update is coming to the community boards.

Saturday, September 24th: We are migrating the boards to a new platform. The site is currently in read-only mode and we will bring it back online as soon as the migration is complete.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
"So KR did exactly what YOU claim you would do, he helped his neighbor. Think about it."

Nope - If a neighbor's house was on fire, I'd call 911, then bang on doors and windows to try and alert them. But most certainly I would not attempt to enter the burning building. The professional LEO's, firefighters, first responders, etc., are far more qualified than me to render aid - that's what our tax dollars pay for.

I would NOT do what this kid did because I am neither qualified, nor willing to enter a combat situation, with a weapon. Like the neighbor's house on fire, law enforcement is a job for trained, educated professionals, not an amateur gun slinger who decided to play Rambo with a rifle - especially when it isn't his property.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.