No. of Recommendations: 0
"Start withdrawing as early as possible. Save all of that money by putting it into an account that maintains principal. When you turn 70, pay the principal back (but keep anything you earned on it), and then reapply for SS. You will now be paid the SS rate as if you had originally applied at the age of 70." - Jim

I'm not sure they let you do that anymore?

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.