Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
"Student loans are truly an evil burden foisted upon unsuspecting young people.

I would like to see them eliminated by the government, and an apology issued to those who had to take them out in the first place."

Not to disagree too strongly, but I think student loans are a great program, which help students get an education and also be personally responsible for it.

I would be in favor of more programs of student loan forgiveness, such that some of the limited programs in teaching and medicine were greatly expanded, especially into areas the U.S. isn't as competitve. I would also favor some form of forgiveness based on contribution to society (i.e. maintainint a job).

Student loans have held me accountable for the classes (semesters??) I goofed off. But they have also allowed me to get graduate degrees.

Danbobtx
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.