Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
"TECHDRAFT" wrote:

Please tell me any information about VisionGlobal that you can. They are an Austrailian based company. They were just awarded a contract to build satellites for the wireless internet community (supposidly). I have not heard any news of the announcements as of yet. If you have any news or info on the company I would appreciate a posting about them.

Hmmm... not long ago, some idiot called TECHDATA was spamming this and other boards desperately trying to talk up the price of VisionGlobal, whose stock price has slumped considerably since then. As far as I can tell, TECHDATA got bombed off TMF for his activities (this is, after all, a forum for people who wish to invest intelligently, rather than treat the market as a crap shoot.)

Now TECHDRAFT, since I'm sure you wouldn't want the same thing to happen to you, I'll make a few suggestions:

1. The AllOrds board is for discussing companies that trade on the Australian Stock Exchange. VisionGlobal doesn't (check www.asx.com.au if you don't believe me) so discussion of this company is out of place here.

2. If you want to find out about the company, try contacting them directly. If they can't be readily contacted for company reports etc, it might not be wise (er, sorry, Foolish) to invest in them.

3. What little has ever been said about VIZG on TMF has been unsubstantiated rumours and hints about big contracts and rocketing stock prices. Your message about the "supposid" satellite contract has added no hard data to meagre body of knowledge about the company. I'd suggest quoting sources if you're going to state such things, as most of the Fools here know better than to invest on the strength of rumours.

-Richard

PS: looking at your profile, you seem to live in the same area as TECHDATA - if you happen to run into him, tell him the Fools laughed and said hello. :-)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.