Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
"That is why don't project. Reality can be experienced only when experienced. "

There are many theories on what constitutes reality. One of which is that it is mostly a projection of the mind.

This is a hard concept to explain to people which is why most Zen Masters do not try explaining it. It must be experienced and often takes years to learn.

you basically will understand the concept when you understand deep down on a visceral level the answer that Zen Masters seek when you answer the question:

"Who is the Master that makes the grass green?"

I could tell people the answer and most would not consider it very enlightening. It is something that must be experienced at a gut level before what Zen Masters consider "enlightenment" takes place but remember that is only a Zen Master projection or what I think Dr Timothy Leary called a reality tunnel.

That is why I say in some of my posts that it might take years before some people understand what I have written. It sometimes takes years of looking down a reality tunnel before comprehension takes place. It has literally took me years to understand some of the things that Robert Anton Wilson writes.

If you read any of the books he writes....Well...Some seem downright silly but he hides very deep philosophy behind a lot of what he writes. It is just that most do not understand it because they do not understand all the references....just as many will find some of the hidden refernces that I have made and will make in many of my posts if they continue to expand their minds and read the posts years later.

If you want to see what I mean then go pick up and read a book by James Joyce called Finnegan's Wake http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnegans_Wake . That is probably the most complex book ever written. Most could not even sit through a whole reading of the book because they will not understand it. The book took about 17 years to write and contains all sorts of hidden and overt references to things that most people have no idea about.

For instance....Giambattista Vico http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giambattista_Vico is referenced in different ways throughout Finnegans Wake but if you don't know anything about Vico's theories on history the reference would mean nothing and would lead you to the conclusion of "Hey, this book is boring"

"So why doubt others? "

That is the only thing I disagree with. It is good to doubt others. It is good to doubt one's own Belief System also. Robert Anton Wilson uses the initials for Belief System. He calls it BS. Read my posts on BS...LOL

Rob S
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.