Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Has anyone read this book yet? I just finished it and was wondering what folks here thought of it. Many people have told me that they found the book "uplifting." I'm not sure what to think. I found it difficult and sad to read. In the end, I felt better and somewhat "uplifted" but I also still felt disturbed. It's one of those books that I think I'll always look back at and be glad I read it, but not one I could emotionally bear to read again. What are your thoughts?

Sil
Print the post Back To Top
I think some people are comforted by the idea that their loved ones are able to watch over them after death, and this book has illustrated so well what many of us hope for.

That said, I was both sad and disturbed after reading this book. I also don't know if I could read it again, but I'm glad I did. I wouldn't say it was the best book, or that it was perfectly crafted (I'm trying to remember specifics, but I think I had some issues with inconsistencies), but I'm still glad I read it.

laura
No. of Recommendations: 2
I think some people are comforted by the idea that their loved ones are able to watch over them after death

I actually think that that's incredibly creepy.

Erik
I think some people are comforted by the idea that their loved ones are able to watch over them after death

Erik

That's why I cover up at night and turn out the lights before doing anything else.

g2w
No. of Recommendations: 1

Me too, because my pervy dead uncle is probably watching me in the shower.

That's why I cover up at night and turn out the lights before doing anything else.

So, what are you doing under those covers, in the dark, that you don't want any dead people to see? ;-)

Erik

I think if dead people were allowed to watch us, the same rules in life also apply in death, which means watching people in the bathroom in a big no-no.

(Of course, there are always going to be pervy uncles who will try to sneak a peak.)

Erik

I can always count on 6 to make me snort out loud at work.