Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Over the weekend I watched Ted Coppels "The People's Republic of Capitalism "

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/koppel/highlights/highl...

Wow.

I believed I had a concept of China, but after that, I had no grasp on the subject.

Sometimes we get so wrapped up in how the short term action is on stocks and funds for China that we completely miss what is going on over there.

All I can say is how wealthy would you be if you had invested in many US companies post WW2. That is almost the situation. Sudden wealth, sudden need for housing, cites springing up where villages once were. Cars being purchased, infrastructure, 30 million people moving into middle class and millions more to go. Planned expansion by the government, infrastructure, transportation, housing, consumer goods.

Great show if you can get a chance to watch it. Really opened my eyes when I believed they were open already .... no way, I had not gotten a grasp on China before.

We are looking at one of the finest investment areas in history. Not short term, but 5 year growth will be mammoth.

You can look at the Chinese consumer, the needs of the society and the wants of the people and see the growth on 1950's USA. Exciting.

Beara
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.