Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
"The topic at hand is dumb. It's irrelavent if a political candidate concedes or not.

True. But it is wholly unacceptable if they do crazy stuff to try and 'fix' their loss - like Trump has and continues to do.

It is likely criminal."

++++++++++++++++++++++++

OMG. I mostly agree with your first sentence. But then again why do so many get so angry and cite this as a major issue? It is not fair nor balanced thinking.

No one cares about the first, really. What people are angry about is in the second sentence.

The second statement I would normally agree, but the goal posts of judgment have been totally moved for the BLM violence,...

You guys all get your taking points from the same place. It is laughable and ridiculous to compare what you call "the BLM violence" (various cities experienced protests that turned violent over a period of months - generally due to racial unrest spurred by the results of various criminal cases that many deemed racist) and the January 6th insurrection at our capitol.

These are VERY different things. They are not comparable. Lumping all the violence from all over the country over an entire summer together makes no sense whatsoever. Trying to compare that lumped together phony construct to Jan 6th borders on utter insanity. Who is telling you guys to do keep doing this?

Just what is the real difference in the BLM cluster of destruction and the Jan 6 mostly peaceful protesters? I can answer that if you and yours will not.

While the premise is ridiculous, as I said, your 'mostly peaceful protestors' description applies to all the incidents you are referring to, not just the one you are trying to rationalize.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.