No. of Recommendations: 40
"The Trump Economic Miracle Is the Best Revenge"

Miracle? I've explained this to you before but Trump supporters are incapable of doing simple math and only have the ability to recite Trump talking points.

If more jobs were created during the same period under Obama than have been created while Trump has been in office, then how is one a disaster and the other a miracle?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2019/09/20/trump-has...

The numbers don't lie but Trump does and his followers repeat those lies.

"Set aside the fact that Trump has produced one of the greatest stock markets in history;"

Setting aside the FACT that presidents do not "produce" stock market returns, the 3 best performances since 1900 have been , in order, Calvin Coolidge, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama. Now, don't get me wrong, I like the performance under Trump but I don't imagine there are any old posts you can bring up in which you praised the market under Obama? Also, by and large, we haven't done much since Jan 2018. Mostly been 2 stagnant years until the past month. Almost all Trump's gain came in his first year before his tax plan went into effect.

"that 3.5% unemployment is the lowest in 50 years"

Again, a function of a 10 year recovery, not a 3 year Trump term. The drop in unemployment under Obama was greater. Also, the black unemployment rate under Obama dropped from 16.8 to 7.8%. Under Trump it dropped to around 6%. Simple math. Not rocket science.

"that the highest number of Americans are working in history;"

Right, so Trump gets credit for the US birth rate also?

"that gross domestic product is far above its pace during the administrations of Obama or Carter,"

Carter? Notice you didn't mention Clinton. Obama was pulling the country out of the greatest economic collapse since the great depression. Trump took over an economy already growing at 1.5 to 2% which he called a disaster. After a sugar high from the trillion dollar tax cuts to corporations, we've settled back down to a 1.9% GDP for 2019. I don't recall Trump promising 2% growth. Wasn't it like 4 or 5%?

Economic miracle? Not so much. That took place 10 years ago. Thank God.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.