Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
"Then why did you start by insinuating that I am an inspector or an environmental lawyer and use hyperbole to describe those professions in the worst possible manner?"

I cross paths with both manner of professionals from time to time, and I don't think I described them in the worst possible manner. Many of the good ones will admit to struggling with the issues I noted. IMO, inspectors have the hardest job. If they start letting small things slip, it gets out of control fast. If they hammer people over every mis-dotted i and mis-crossed t, they get painted as obstructionist and can get marginalized, which also leads to things being getting out of control. I have a lot of respect for the inspector who can walk that line.

"And lastly, I do not know why you are so interested in my finding a job. You say above you are not interested in personal detail, but here you are giving me detailed advice."

You seem upset about the industry. Message boards are not a very productive way to take that out. There are better ways, particularly for someone of your apparently strong qualifications.

"Does your handle really mean you are an engineer?"

Yep.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.