Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
"There I was looking at this plump out-of-shape critter and I thought to myself that looks tastier than my leftover chicken breast. So wanting to be more like MazonCreekRich (who doesn't), I quickly swiped the hamster from its wheel (it's no squirrel but....). Imagine my surprise when the little guy fainted from fear and all the electricity went out at Fool HQ! Not wanting to work without A/C, or wait as I "cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours*," I carefully replaced him in his cage. He didn't wake up for a couple hours.

My apologies for any site related outages that may have occurred during this time.

Best,
Nick
Who promises not to go in the server room ever again.
*http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooked-squirrel/ "

I'm from Tennessee, so I know what I'm talking about. Nobody, and I mean nobody, cooks their squirrels with potatoes. The potatoes must be hard fried in the "squirrel grease", until crispy, golden brown. Allrecipes is usually the stuff, but this is a serious goof.

John

And to get completely off thread. My feist mix died recently, after many years of faithful service. His epitaph:

"Here lies my beloved Charlie,
Feared by squirrels throughout the land;
As a dog, he was small in stature,
But in life, he was a big, big man."
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.