Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
"these plays are lying all over the place"

"It is a simple matter to get a stock's annual volatility, divide it by 16 to get the daily volatility, and by 7.2 to get the weekly volatility. The result is a direct read on how long one is likely to have to wait for the stock's normal volatility to edge the price back towards the norm."

"If the action of establishing the position is furthermore done via legging in, another risk is reduced; the risk of paying too much to establish the position"

Hi ttm aka AL:LA

You hooked me good. Any time I can bring odds down to 10:1 in favor of making money on options...I want to look at it REAL HARD!!! I found out that Natenberg is an author; Amazon.com has the book for $47.96 plus postage and you can get it on the web (Alta vista) for as low as $40 including postage. however...,

Would you take me step by step on how to navigate the web and which columns (names, etc) the information will be listed in...in other words, using one of your discards as an example, specifically how did you select your candidates that hopefully would give you a 10:1 positive chance of hitting paydirt?

(Based upon your posting, I think I can do the math.)

If you prefer not to publish your info on the bulletin board, please send it to me at jormiston@techline.com

I really appreciate it.

John Ormiston
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.