Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
"They need a system where you order and pay online...."

You're kidding, right? The major box stores are already doing that, started long before anyone knew about a pandemic except Trump, his Administration officials, virologists, Bill Gates...people who were fired from the Obama Administration (or even some fired Trump officials!) and warned them about a pandemic WITH A CORONAVIRUS - anyway I digress. Walmart & Kroger were our biggest curbside pickup but now everyone is doing it. Especially restaurants who are trying to survive during the pandemic not only have curbside pickup but local groups are encouraging it - making people feel guilty if we don't order food and go get it (or have it delivered if possible).

Sam's has curbside now, too. Right when the craziness started the lines at my Sam's were unbelievable. There must have been a few people infected then. My daughter who teaches in China was still here in early March, so she set up Scan n' Go on my phone. We roamed around the store scanning the items we wanted and paid with my phone so that we didn't stand in those ridiculous lines. There was no TP of course and the grapefruit we loved were gone, but otherwise it was great. If we ever get back to normal, I will probably still use scan n' go.

When I say everybody, I mean everybody. JoAnn's fabric store has curbside pickup, even creating a free mask making kit. Everyone is making protective masks so they started pickup weeks ago. A locally owned sewing store, Sew Sew Studio, sells machines and has classes on sewing (quilting class soon, serging class has a particular interest to me) does curbside pickup, too. Both those stores are thriving during the pandemic because of making protective gear. I have over 400 people in my Facebook group dedicated to making masks (and skully caps and some are branching out to protective gowns). Did you know that the elastic on the masks can dig into the back of the ears of whoever wears them for 12 hours? Now they are wearing headbands, sewing a button on either side to which they can loop the elastic. Or they can put the button on the skully cap. People are using paperclips, pipe cleaners, little metal store ties to insert into the mask to clamp around the nose, protecting the face better. It's a good thing we started this because the Trump Administration is finally providing a small amount of protective gear but they send it to a commercial center, then the cities and states have to bid on it so tough luck if say, Wyoming, gets more stuff than New York City where they are dying by the hundreds daily. What kind of sick bastard does this to people?

Never fear. All this ranting and rambling is going in my journal about these times. Future generations are going to know what kind of incompetent, sick bastard we have in the White House.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.