Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
"This is a requirement by the Feds, and is necessary to open an account. Generally, they need identification proof, and so a statement would not be sufficient. This is to protect against identity theft and fraud."

I'm confused with your reply. They asked me and accepted a PDF bank statement.

I just opened up an account at Coinbase (and a few other places but Coinbase is an excellent example). By the time I got finished with a few questions like SS#, phone#, address, Coinbase asked me questions... They knew my step son's name, the color of my son's car, and a previous address that was over 20 years ago. No... with today's tech, me sending PDFs that I got on line from one institution to another is absurd. i.e. if I had hacked into my checking account, Coinbase would have had a much higher probability of detecting the fraud than AXOS bank and it was no bother to me. You don't ask the suspect for proof that is trivial to forge. You get third party verification. Plus... asking me the second time is what tipped the scales. What excuse is there for that?

"This is not illegal and is also not unusual. I know that when I transfer money to or from my Citizens bank account, it takes days to show up at the credit union. The issue is on the Citizens side and not on the credit union side."

Sounds like I want to stay away from Citizens Bank.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.