Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
"Travelers on Northwest face some cancellations caused by pilot shortages, bad weather and clogged skies. With full planes, boarding another flight quickly is difficult."

With most flights full, how can they be losing money? If everuyone is at capacity, raise the price! The passengers will pay what they must, especially if this is the only seat available.

One of the clients for my wife's drapery and window fashions business is a celebrity. I was in her house last week working on a skylight shade, and I overheard her personal assistant (secretary?) trying to arrange a flight from LAX to JFK, first class. She was having little luck, as all the seats were full (Well, she needed several seats, so there might have been onesy-twosy seating available.) But even first class is so full that she couldn't get seats for the next weekend.

How can they lose money flying full?

cliff
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.