No. of Recommendations: 1
"We've never had a slow cooker, and my wife says she doesn't want one, but we're retired, We can see where a working person might like to have one while they are at work." - Vermonter

Crockpots are excellent for turning tough gristly pieces of meat into tender edible chunks of meat. The secret is that you can turn it on and forget about it and come back hours later and it's done. I used to butcher whole sheep (mutton) and debone it and I'd take a big hunk of mutton and drop it down in the crock pot with some water and salt and pepper and maybe an onion, celery, carrot, bell pepper, etc. and just let it bubble away for 4 to 6 hours and I'd come back and be able to lift it out and it would be falling apart.

You can drop a hunk of Boston Butt, or chuck roast or beef shoulder, etc. in a crock pot and cook it and it will make your house smell delicious and in the late afternoon it will be tender and edible.

Art
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.