No. of Recommendations: 0
"What I like and what I can afford aren't exactly the same thing. I'm smart enough to know I got to be realistic and live within my means.

Art"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you say that as if you didn't enjoy Tennessee - and the area is quite the
charmer.
I first had lobster with my wife on our honeymoon in Florida back in 1977.
Since then I may have had it 3 or 4 times. Can be tasty - and can be terrible.
I was raised in Maryland and have a preference for blue crab - which is
pricey anymore. When I visit Maryland I try to have crab cakes or steamed crabs
if they are in season.
I think people going into retirement need to know their "means" and live within them.
But that does not generally mean they can't enjoy themselves - and that would include
living in a city if they so chose. Priorities need to be selected - and the cost of
living in a city of the size of Knoxville say is much more affordable than others.

Howie52
DW and I have talked about moving - but increasingly I am considering what needs to
be done to our house to allow an easier living as we age. We have budgeted enough to
widen many doors and put a ramp in place should we need to do so.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.