Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
"When my DD shows me otherwise I like to bring it to this boards attention. While doing a search on Toy Biz Worlwide I came upon a listing for Toy Biz International with the principal being Jeff Hsieh. It also seems odd to me that Jeff Hsieh's e-mail address in this listing ends with toybiz.com. Not Toy Biz Worldwide, or Toy Biz International, but part of the Marvel subsidary Toy Biz. I thought finding info on a company that provides Marvel with such a large percentage of it licensing revenue would be easy, it's not. As the manufacturer of Spider-Man merchandise shouldn't they at least have their own web-site? (last attempt at humor:))"

--->I'm not sure where I have my info about Toybiz. Perhaps it was from Comic wars, I think it was from information given out by Marvel in a conference call a year or two ago. I do specifically remember that Toybiz is a privately owned company in China (cheap labor & low costs). Marvel did give permission for Toy Biz to take this name. Remember, before the bankrupcy, Marvel was a comic company (bought by Perelman with the hopes of making it a entertainment empire) and Toy Biz was a toy company owned By Ike Perlmutter. Marvel & Toy Biz were merged together because of agreements and Marvel's troubles. Ike's Toy Biz was the minnow that swallowed the whale (Marvel) when the bankrupcy court approved Ike's bailout deal. The resulting company took the Marvel name. The Toy Biz that sells Marvel's toys today is a completely distinct and different company. At least this is what I have read.

If you find out to the contrary please post.

I'll post some info that you might find interesting from Comic wars in a separate post.

Fool on!! Go Marvel!!!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.