Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
"While anything in the world of investing is possible, it seems to me that you may be a bit far-reaching to believe that T would sabotage it's own business plan. As you said, T looks out for T. But why would a company intentionally tear apart a series of deals that Michael Armstrong made to build a new business model? I doubt that this scenario you describe would happen. ˆ

I think the ATHM/XCIT partnership with AT&T will be great. AT&T is the most widely held stock in the country; there is no better partner. But I remember that when Ciena lost most of its value it was due to AT&T abruptly stopping a past agreement to buy products which then caused the Tellabs/Ciena deal to fall. There was talk at the time of this being high-powered sabotage, all legal of course, just hardball.

I am long ATHM. I would buy more on a dip. My only point here is to recognize AT&T for what they are capable of doing, both good and bad.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.