Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
"Whose blood sugar readings have been on kind of a rollercoaster this summer, defying all odds to establish a steady pattern..."

Election years with the Wuhan virus floating around can do that to a person.
Used to be you could turn off the news and not have to deal with the nonsense. Now
you have to turn off the news, sports, weather, traffic, most computer websites, your
phone, your other phone and not read mail that comes from any of the legion of
groups want you do what they want - generally involving sending them your funds so
they just eliminate the middle man.

Howie52
Stress can impact blood sugars. I have controlled my diabetes going on 24 years with
diet, exercise, Metformin, Glimeridide and recently Januvia. The last visit to the
doctor had an elevated A1C - but the exercise routine I had developed went to heck
by the closing of the gym. Walking was a help - but somehow or other walking into
the kitchen lead to other activities which were less helpful.
Since the gym reopened, there have been improvements in blood sugar again. Will they
be enough to avoid taking injections? We will have to see. But going to exercise does
lower stress for me - and I feel better and eat less.

Anyway - enjoy the mid-September life and may your blood sugars be less erratic.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.