No. of Recommendations: 1
"Why do human beings suck so bad???"

Seems to me that we suck because we're too thickheaded to learn from history that violence in no way solves problems longterm. I'm not saying that people shouldn't defend themselves, rather that offensive oppression only breeds contempt and hatred.

Also, it's simplistic, but people have a way of stomping all over other people who don't share their same exact ideas. Like Japan/China, take the Middle East crisis. It boils down to a war of ideas rather than the land they both want to claim -- Holy War. The funny thing is that both paths are sanctioned in both of the holy texts their religions supposedly hold dear -- the shared first five books of the Old Testament = Torah = Koran). The way of Ishmail and that of Abraham. If God in all his wisdome approves both paths, seems like we should really try hard to find a way to even if we don't like the other, doesn't it?

Ah, well, a bit of a divergence from Japan/China. But to me, it's all the same, man's inhumanity to man stemming out of the evil of believing that eradication is the answer. You know, on the person-level, Jung proved that eradication of the perceived "shadow side" was a mistake that would result in great damage (through repression) to the individual. If his idea of accepting the shadow (as meaning "differences" not "evil") were applied on a global level, then perhaps we would find the harmony we constantly seek.

Just a thought,
Lynda

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.