Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
"Yep, RECF was much more fun in those days. The regulars shared a lot about what was going on the lives and it was really like a bunch of friends getting together. And there was some goodhearted towel snapping too. I miss Art and CC going at it over death bed visions; and tele's godthingie rants; and Arts squirrel hunting and roadkill recipes; and the Barons slice of life posts about Cleveland; and 2828's snarky wit; and all the Seinfeld references; and Arretes bird rescue stories; and Tmeris grammar police; and on and on. Good times"

Well, we ALL were a long 'younger' and probably more active - doing things.... and either near retirement, or just retired and getting very active.

Artimus was busy popping squirrels with his 22 CBT rounds....and telling us how to prepare - based upon his experience as a meat cutter at the store in FL. And years of hunting and cooking various animals - from rabbits to whatnot. Then a few years ago, he got serious about his health - was approaching severe diabetes - and decided to loose 100 lbs. Now, he'll tell you how healthy he was living....and still working on NDEs (near death experiences). Busy with family and think wife is still working - she loves her job). Every now and then LindyLib mentions him on one of the boards. wonder if he still visits his favorite Chinese Buffet and pigs out on shrimp? (Met him once and we hit the Chinese place).

Baron is on FB. See his posts about life in Cleveland including the recent snow storm, all his visits to the various old houses around town to take pics, his walks, and I think he got both his vax shots.

Meanwhile, tele is doing his thing in TX. Covid slowed down the travels 90%. No where to go, no events/conventions to head to, no visits with family this past holiday season - just a Zoom call to get the family 'together' from four different locations. Still happily retired. Got my vax, so eating out a bit more. Also a bunch of one or two day trips. Had fun recently in 2 day trip to OK....came back along I-40 which is old Route 66.....there's a bunch of towns that used to be 'on the main route'. Stopped in Clinton and the OK Route 66 Museum there. Nice place. There's also a RT 66 Museum in MO up near St Louis, and of course, all sorts of tourist attractions along the way if you get off I-40 on 'business 40' which is really the old RT 66 in most towns.

We all sort of burned out on retire early discussion - probably all 'retired' and after we may have made changes in invests, just coasting on what we had done back then.

Intercst bought an airplane but haven't heard a peep out of him about it. well, he too likely has no place to fly to 'meet friends' for 'events' and flying out of same airport for a few hours is enough to get you in the air - but why? Well, he's got enough to spend to keep it at the airport each month, pay for annual inspections - even if it gets 10 hours of flight time a year. Meanwhile, he's busy telling us how he manipulates the system to get $20/month ObamaKare but I think he just hit Medicare age (?)....dunno.... lsst post I remember on subject was how great Medicare was compared to 'cheap' ObamaKare. Of course, Medicare costs you some additional bucks - and if you have supplement, $200/mo plus.

Well, that's enough for now- Oh....forgot LD - and her dogs keeping her company during the pandemic.

t
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.