Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
"You don't say where you beach property is. There is this little issue in the world named Climate Change. At age 60 you likely won't be bothered by rising sea levels directly, but storms are another thing. My general view is any property with a salt water beach South of say Boston and East of Denver has a significant store risk. Is your property itself immune to a 10 to 15 foot store surge? And is the local infrastructure - things like grocery stores, utilities, and emergency services going to survive/recover so people will want to rent?"

I knew some folks who had shore-line property overlooking Lake Erie - until storms washed
their homes into Lake Erie.

Howie52
Course, those storms had nothing to do with climate change. Just the regular climate for
that area and time for the wave action to work into the land.

Back in the day I think they called it weather and erosion.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.