Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
"Your broker should be able to put in all the clauses you need. Use his experience. One thing to ask him about is a clause limiting your liability to your earnest money. If you mess up, they can not sue you beyond the earnest money.

Your broker can put in an inspection clause."

I acknowledge that I am not unbiased, but letting our broker draft clauses for your contract sounds ill-advised to me; about like asking your lawyer to locate and show you properties. In Texas, it would be considered the unauthorized practice of law (unless the broker was also an attorney) and be prosecutable.

"This is standard. Make sure you have the right to inspect and cancel w/out penalty. I have made many offers without seeing property, so this is not unheard of."

I agree whole-heartedly that an inspection clause almost always makes sense, even if you have seen the interior, and especially when you have not.

Just my $0.02. Regards, JAFO

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.