Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
rah1711..."What's going on today???"

Where to begin? JCI is a cyclical stock…the automotive industry is taking a hit…the economy has been tanking—although it is showing signs of recovery…most analysts have JCI ranked as a hold…and the stock has a history of downturns during the fall and early winter months. I submit http://www.quicken.com/investments/charts/?symbol=JCI as proof for the last four years… When a company holds this type of consistent pattern, it is not fortune telling, just an honest observation. I usually buy from September through January. It has worked very well for me.

However, the stock generally begins a rise in late January. Should the stock maintain its average price above the 65 dollar level, it should rise even higher next year...that's given a general optimism that the company will continue its winning ways and patterns...also, that the economy does rise above its present duldrums.

dd
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.