Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Wow, it's like a Noah's Ark is being built here in Dallas.....dang, it's been raining all day. I mean like literally all day. I know it started this early morning, and maybe extends to last night. At no point, has it stopped raining. No kidding. About 16-18 hours straight.

We've been suffering through a drought here in much of Texas for a good year, so this is a good thing. But dang it, a Texas Rangers game was cancelled this afternoon because of the constant rain.

By the way, you read the title of the post....."Rain, rain, go away...." This was a title to a little kid's poem I read and memorized for class in Catholic school. I think I was around 6 years old. The poem was around 10 lines long. I had to read it in front of the class.....in "Mongolia". I memorized it, and it was the very first "public speaking" that I ever did.

Seriously, true story. I want to say....the poem was like "Rain, rain go away, come back so other day...." or something like that. Can't remember the rest.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.