No. of Recommendations: 0
RainMaker2 wrote:
"Can anyone offer a clear procedure for going about this task? Essentially what I'm asking is how does one go about evaluating a company/stock--from the
beginning to the final decision to buy or not to buy (not to get cheesy w/Will)...."

It really depends on what investing philsophy you favor. The easiest strategies are mechanical (the Foolish Four for example), they simply plug into the data and out spits your answer w/o no independant thought going into DD. The other end of the spectrum is the Rule Breaker type of analysis (i.e. where the numbers are weak and future predictions uncertain).

Found this link on the Foolish 8 board, I've found it very useful.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?id=1030012000682000

You don't need to apply it strictly to F8 type of companies, it works well w/ most companies available to the public.

Marv
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.