Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
RainX is nice. I try to apply it whenever I remember to do so. It rubs off pretty quickly though so you always need good wipers.

If it's been a year since you've changed your wipers they may be overdue. My philosophy on wipers is to just replace the rubber often and not bother with the expensive brands. I bought cheap Anco driver's and passenger side blades from AutoZone and bought a bunch of refills that I keep at home. I change the rubber refill (requires nothing more than a strong hand or a pair of pliers) at least at the beginning of the winter if not at the beginning and end of winter.

You can buy winter wipers that have a rubber coating over the wiper blade to keep ice from getting in there. I personally don't use them and simply clear the blades off before I start driving. If there's enough snow that it would accumulate while driving without the rubber coating I try not to go out. The winter wipers shouldn't be used year round as they're heavier and tax the motor more.
Print the post  

Announcements

Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.