Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Raised cash in both IRA's. Different approaches to reach same goal. DW hit ATH which was the catalyst. Her top position is OKE and it is a dividend stock (6.8%) and we left that alone. We didn't touch any of her top stock positions. Axed the bottom 9 and ARKG ETF. Dogs and cats from both ARK and Rule Breakers plus the pot stock. 29.4% cash now. S&P500 at all time high, right? DW up 26% in last 44 days. Just a little cushion.

In my portfolio, I trimmed 4 of my top 5 positions. Those had been 17%, 16%, 12% and 8%. Number 4 is OKE at about 10% so I trimmed ROKU, CRWD and SE down to about 10% and sliced a little DDOG. I had added to those top 3 on dips over the last two months so there was some excuse for taking trading profits. Still at 45% + in the top 5. 30% cash now, plus I had covered calls that expired yesterday and there is a 1% position there to harvest with (a rare) gain on the underlying.

To me, the market seemed tired. Maybe it was DW's trying to claw her way up onto that ATH ledge and stay there through the end of a session.

KC
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.