Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Rambus is NOT collecting royalties of DDR as was implied by someone earlier.

Ya i know. If they win the case, they will.

Rambus filed lawsuit against Hitach because Hitachi was the worst offender. This was on advice of Rambus' legal council.

aww, so rambus considers the other memory makers as violators as well.

Hitachi refused to reply to Rambus inquiries regarding the situation. This makes Hitachi liable for tripple damages by the way.

If i was violating i wouldn't want to respond, either ;)

Patents are usually upheld. Rambus patents go back 10 years. Prior art will be difficult and PROBABLY impossible to prove IMHO, BUT we do not know what Hitachi knows. OTOH Hitach countersuit was on the basis of monopoly power. VERY VERY weak to me.

The memory makers must be pretty dumb to include Rambus IP in DDR, unless they thought Rambus wouldn't have received patents for it.

I agree, Hitachi's counter suit about monopoly power is interesting. Patents are suppose to protect your business, essentially giving you a monopoly like position.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.