Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
First of all, I want to say I am honored to be in a specific stock discussion group where people aren't freaking out because the stock got hammered [corrected] in one day. I live and breathe [right] small-cap growth stocks. I'm used to this, and in fact I was in a better mood on Tuesday than I was on Monday. I've survived much worse (COCO dropped 55% in two weeks back in 2001), and have been rewarded every time for doing nothing or adding to my position.

Tom (illini1990) - Personal sidenote, CHS has caused me to smile a lot more these days. You too?

What CNS needs is branding. That's what it's called, right? When the product name is used; e.g. bandaids, coke machine, roller blades, etc.

Duff23 - I hope you win first place every race, and remember to keep that strip on your nose while you're being photographed for the paper -- we need free advertising! Keep us updated.

Maybe, for one or two football seasons, CNS can sponsor a major college bowl game and call it "The Breathe Right Bowl." They can pass out strips to all who attend and get them to pose for a group picture.

mks222 - Before you make a decision, ask yourself, "Why did I originally buy stock in this business?" My guess is you understood their products and the business is within your circle of competence.

MFCatbert - I also worry about their use of the $40 million in cash for a "strategic acquisition". Would you rather they get a loan? I've seen small companies make excellent well-thoughout acquisitions in the past that have benefitted them greatly; e.g. Chico's acquiring White House|Black Market for $90M cash. I specifically search for companies with cash positions for this reason alone.

Does anyone here use saline nasal spray? I have tried the Breathe Right brand, and it works well, but for cost savings I buy generic which works just as well. I also make my own saline nasal spray (warm water and a pinch of non-iodized salt). A few squirts of saline nasal spray before I hit the shower, and I'm breathing fine for the rest of the day.

Since this is a somewhat boring unknown stock, perhaps we're near a bottoming out. This is not a glamor stock, and is more reasonably valued. I see upside potential.

Costume idea: Next halloween, buy a box of FLAIR Equine nasal strips and dress up as a racehorse with congestion.

Breathe Right,
Offramp
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.