Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
Randy: Thanks for the kudos.

I have 3 distinct portions, a high growth portions, dividend growth, and high dividend portion. I think this gives me good diversification and allows me to redistribute when one portion grows larger than the others.

I question the above---And maybe you should also. Lets assume you have three sons and they are growing. Do you buy longer pants for the oldest as he gets bigger because his feet are longer or yo you buy same size pants that don't fit anymore.
I believe you are only willing to accept growth by your poor performers, and if they don't grow, your portfolio doesn't grow. I think it is hard enough to pick winners to grow your portfolio, when you sell the overachievers and keep the underachievers. I'm willing to add to the winners and sell the losers. I remain fully invested ---100% Debt Free

And Trade very little-I haven't sold One share of anything in the past year or more. I did start building a position in TPL in June or July that has grown to be my 6th largest security. All additions to my portfolio come from excess income received above my needs. As of Friday's close my portfolio is up about 31% Year To Date.

Other than adding TPL and a minor amount of RA my portfolio contains the same as before. If you want a list--Just ask --All I own are only 9 securities so it's not a big list. But it is a good list--At least for me, That's why I'm still holding them
Thanks again-for your support.
b&w
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.