Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
No. of Recommendations: 12
Randy, this is gonna hurt. :)

I think I get what you're asking, but I don't think you phrased your questions well, and if I do understand, several others are missing your point.

Yes, I see change coming. Right or wrong, I feel it all around me. I am branching out into other avenues, other investments and have been for months. I'm buying stodgy old companies to sit beside my shiny sports car IT fast-growers. GOOGL, AAPL, ENPH, SWAV, UNH for example. There are some decent (not great) prices out there, and I'm comfortable betting that they will continue to be very good performers in the near future. I'm also holding on to cash much longer than in the past. What's the hurry? I've lost more digits than I ever thought possible in this market shuffle. Now I'm in no hurry to beat my record with more losses.

You're right, that is not what Saul's board is about. Meanwhile, we all have to do what we have to do for our economic freedom and well-being. But Saul's sharp and he changes too whenever change is called for. Yep, I've seen it. :) We just have to decide for ourselves when that time is near. Maybe it's tomorrow. Maybe it's 5 years away. I don't know.

I think we caught rocket rides while they were fueling on the launching pad. How often does that happen? Are we grateful? Now some rockets are in space and maybe -- just maybe -- there's more smoke than fire now. Or not. I don't mean that it's all over, either, or anything of the sort. But doubling or tripling your money in a month or two maybe isn't realistic any longer. (Don't tell the Reddit kids!)

Here's the thing: I would be willing to bet that Saul and board regulars will be branching into other fields within the next 12 months. Why? Because I have been scouring the market and I see what appear to be a few lay-ups out there. Will they have a ZM-like trajectory? Not likely, not at that exponentially increasing pace. It just can't be done. But what does? We rode the rocket, and it's still flying. But it's a whole lot easier to catch the ride going from 0 to 1000 mph than it is from 10,000 to 100,000 mph, and even if you do, the acceleration can't be the same.

The ride isn't over, but yes, change is in the air. I Or, I'm 100% wrong, in which case I will pay a hefty price. But I will be glad to cheer on the faithful. (I'm faithful, I just see a change coming that is bigger than ... dare I say it? Subscription Revenue! The other day, I even saw a cave man doing a DCF analysis!

Maybe the next rocket will be medicine. Or green energy. Or a weapon that destroys weapons. Or maybe someone will invent a Hula Hoop. Who knows? But there will be one. More than one. Hey, things are changing but never fear ... we're watching!

Good luck everyone. Let's get back to business and find that next rocket. Or even just a comfortable Cadillac if that's the fastest thing we can find. And thanks for letting me hold on for the last 10 launches. Or 20. Or 30. I am grateful.

NEXT!
Print the post  

Announcements

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Enter text here. Please keep promos short.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.