No. of Recommendations: 3
Hi All,

I ran a screen for potential HG's using MSN Moneycentral (as outlined by tedyun1 on the FARO Tech board) and came up with a very interesting candidate that doesn't seem to have been addressed here. I am an extreme newbie to this so please bear with me. As far as I can tell, Bankrate, inc. is doing all the right things right (no I am not long in the stock - but might go long if it looks good).

Has anyone else out there completed an analysis on this company? I have looked at a few basic things and noted a couple of yellow flags and many green flags.

Yellow Flags:
Institutional ownership - 30.2% (less than 50%)
Low barrier of entry
1 strong direct competitor -
E-Loan (Publicly Traded) - Nearly identical Market Cap (in terms of net income Bankrate is about 1/3 the size of E-Loan).
2 competitors in same sector but... (See below)
The Motley Fool - Tom, care to comment. I do not see TMF as a direct competitor to Bankrate. In fact, I've seen their banner advert posted here a couple of times.
Morningstar - Also not a direct competitor (as far as I can tell)

Green Flags (I think):
Already Identified by the Foolish 8 screen (Major plus)
Insider Ownership - 50.95%
Analyst EPS outlook - ~25% Year over Year and Quarter over Quarter
Probably many other things I am missing.

I would really appreciate if someone would take a look at this stock and maybe point me in the appropriate direction to complete my analysis.

Cheers,
Kevin

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.