No. of Recommendations: 20
Rather than being "wrong," I suspect the objection is really that I'm striking closer to the Progressive bone than many are comfortable with.

<grin> Really? Do you really believe that? And if you believe that, what has led you to that conclusion? Because based on this most recent and several older threads I looked at, no one else would draw that conclusion. Posters have been pretty explicit about your naive views on travel and none of them seems to be the least bit affected by your ridiculous conclusions.

But let's ignore the fact that you are completely wrong for a minute. Let's imagine that somehow you did manage to "strike closer to the Progressive bone than many are comfortable with". What motivates you to do that? Why do you believe that you need to get on this board and disrupt every single thread about retirement travel with an argument that you believe "strikes closer to the Progressive bone than many are comfortable with"? And what are you hoping to accomplish? You've been doing this for years now. Can you point to any signs that you are actually accomplishing that?

Because what it looks like from here is that the only thing you wish to accomplish is to disrupt and annoy - two of the goals of certain kinds of internet creature that TMF doesn't like mentioned. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I am having difficulty seeing why your behavior regarding travel discussions is not banned as uncivil.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.