Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Raytheon is a company that actually builds radars and systems that work. While other companies talk about radar systems and tap dance about it, Raytheon, actually manufactures them and gets them to work. The company has a treasury of people and facilities that have always built extreme quality equipment. I really don't know of any other company that has this capability today and that has such a spirit of accomplishment.
It is everywhere there.
I work there. I see how the people work. They are dedicated, enthusiastic about their product, they take pride in their work, and they are dead serious about providing this country with a reliable reasonalbly priced missile defense system.
There is no "pie in the sky" there. Everything that is done there is to be suitable for use in the system - it must translate into real hardware and software that will work.
In addition, the management there provides a comfortable environment for people to work in - for example, the company recently dumped its aging and expensive Bedford plant and moved the operation to Woburn, a nearly brand new facility that is absolutely a dream to work in. People are very happy there, and we all know that happy people means great work. Due to very smart management decisions, the nearly new Woburn facility is actually cheaper than the old Bedford facility, and is light years better.

This is a very well run company with alot of very content and hard working people. This is a recipe for success, and everyone there never loses sight of their mission - to provide the United States with the finest and best available defense in the world.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.