Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Rayvt replied:

<< <<So, once the account is completely opened and you have the account numbers, personal broker, etc., THEN fill out the trading authorization/limited power of attorney form to allow one or both parents to select investment vehicles for the child. >>

Why bother? With an internet broker, all you need is the userID and password. I manage 5 account for others, and with none of them have an official trading authorization. 'course, the broker won't talk to me on the phone---guess they can figure out that I'm not my mom.

Ray >>

For me, they woudn't issue the online trading authority until there was an authorization on record. After all, this is a minor's custodial account. Maybe they wouldn't catch it in all cases.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.