Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
RB:

Regards. You wrote: Please elaborate ..not sure what the MI screen are??

MI stands for Mechanical Investing. The entry level Board for MI is the Foolish Workshop board. And the advanced board is the Mechanical Investing board (to which I doubt that I ever graduate).

MI provides screens that you can use to select stocks whithout having to do individual company research. The screen have a fixed period of investment (monthly, quarterly or annually) so that you can also get away from the market timing aspects of investing.

MI works for me. May not work for you. (Given your need to investigate AAA rated bonds, I doubt that you would be happy using these investment vehicles.) But it won't cost you anything to check MI out on the Foolish Workshop board.

Which firm would you suggest that would afford me the most data for Bond purchases.
I hate to recommend such a brokerage as I am not familiar with all that is available. I can only say that among Schwab, TDWaterhouse, Buy&Hold, ETrade, and Fidelity. I would recommend ETrade for research. And again from my limited experience, between TDWaterhouse and ETrade, I believe taht ETrade would consistently provide the best value.

Please. take my comments for what they are worth. I have not done a recent stusy of the issue of "best bond prices" and even teh one I did 9 months age was limited to TDWaterhouse and ETrade. Bond listing are just starting to become available at the online brokers and all that I know of restrict access to account holders.
Hopefully, bonds will eventually reach the trading status of equities and all the mystery and "excess" commission will disappear. (And I expect that at that time cancer and heart attacks will be ancient history!)

Regards,
Craig
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.