Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
RB:

Thanks for the tip on the "Defaulted Bond" newsletter. I checked out the link that you provided (in a subsequent post) and find the information "interesting" but not very "useful". Based on what I saw in the sample newsletter, I wouldn't expect to find any information in it regarding the AA/AAA corprate bonds that I'm considering for purchase.

You also wrote ... I hope someone will respond to my previous post on how and what due dillegence one should carefully do to really confirm that a coprpration is absolutely "fiscally sound" and what speadsheet data should be thoroughly screened and checked out!

I agree with your desire to obtain that information. That was the thrust of my previous post when I said ... in buying AA or better "investment grade" corporate securities that mature within 5 years, can't I trust the rating services determination of the companies abitity to repay the "loan"? Need I dig deeper? Can I really expect to dig up anything that they haven't taken into account in determining the rating?

Hope some kind Fool can help us out!

Craig
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.