Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
RE:

As a person, the prospect of someday seeing dramatic reductions in heart disease risk, cancer risk, cures of muscular dystrophies, etc is very exciting, and being in a position to see all this progress unroll in front of us from a close vantage point is one of the things I really love about being in medicine...

Dan, I'm with you. This is really an exciting time to be in medicine. I hope we can be sharp enough to choose wisely the companies on the cutting edge of technology, with the best management that will most profit from the coming revolution in medicine.

The head of Celera, J. Craig Venter predicts that we will be seeing big changes in 2 years. The advancement is accelerating in speed, drug development time has been cut in half. Can you imagine the value of doing genetic screening and SNP profiles on all our patients, and what extraordinary information this will give us to care for patients?? What enormous value for patients to have this information, to not only treat disease, but to prevent illness and extend healthy life!! Wow. I am ready right now.

HGSI, Celera, MLNM, AFFX, Amgen, Biogen-- what potential. Personally, I am deepest invested in Celera and HGSI. Celera, because they can profit no matter which pharmaceutical type genomic company succeeds, by concentrating on bioinformatics, but keeping one foot in the gene patenting play. Great management with J. Craig Venter and Tony White. It is more difficult to pick out the drug development company most likely to succeed. I chose HGSI because they have concentrated on the secreted protein genes which seem to have the biggest market potential. Only time will tell. JMO

Choose wisely!!

Darold

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.