Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi -
Been hanging out awhile, reading and paying attention, and I just had to tell you about my cats (or should I say the cats who own me)

Rhaya (whence my username) is the oldest, and she's vicious and hateful to everyone but me. Literally. At the Vet's, I have to hold her and I give the shots, etc. She's bitten the vet too many times - he won't touch her until she's well tranquilized. But she's very sweet and loving to me.

Kiddles is mentally challenged (I adopted her as a cruelty case. I believe she's head injured.)but very sweet. Only, she's so shy that no one believes she exists.

Molly goes through phases of being so needy and desparate for affection tht she even tries o cuddle up woth Rhaya (and gets her nose swiped for it). She likes to rub her nose on my hands for some reason.

Madewyn knows her true name is "Princess" and she never lets you forget she's royalty. She's extremely overweight, and short of withholding food altogether, she doesn't lose the weight. Can't find any reason for the weight, and it doesn't slow her down much. She likes to sit in the bathroom sink in the mornings and watch me get ready. She wants to wear makeup, but I tell her she doesn't need it. (she doesn't)

Gramalkin is her litter-mate, and he only responds to the name "Handsome Boy". He IS beautiful, but I think it's a little stuck-up to insist on being called that.

I and foster-ownering a kitten right now for a friend - his name is Rascutin, but he thinks his name is Niblet (I can't imagine where he came up with that). He seems to think he's a puppy. He is, however, a very good guarddog-cat. He thinks fried chicken was God's gift to him specifically, and is very angry with me when I try to eat it. The other cats tolerate him, and now that he's mastered inhibited biting, they will play with him (except for Rhaya - she doesn't play at all.)

Sorry such a long post, too many cats, I suppose.

Print the post Back To Top
Hi rhaya!

Thanks for telling us all about your wonderful feline friends! What fun!

Isn't it amazing how, like people, they have such diverse personalities?

I'll never understand how some people can claim they don't like cats. Cats are the bestest people! ;)

Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the board!

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

I'll never understand how some people can claim they don't like cats. Cats are the bestest people!

Tony, perhaps yours is different than our cats - but as far as I can tell, you dropped a letter. At our house that would read, 'Cats are the Beastest people.'

LazyGlen
Whose Alpha Cat is most often called J-Monster!