Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
Re: CREE and RMBS -- nice choices, but wouldn't any of the KARB and KARM stocks make reasonable LEAP bets? That's if you still believe in them, I guess...

My first question is... Do you believe the worst is over from an economic standpoint, and we are headed higher in 2002? As for me, I'm not so sure about that. I still believe the market is overvalued based on earnings. PE's are still at very high levels vs historic levels. If I thought the worst was definitely over and we were headed 15-20% higher in 2002, then I would say sure, any of the KARB and/or KARM portfolio stocks would make good LEAP bets. But I chose RMBS and CREE for specific reasons. Once again I will tell you that these LEAP plays that I make are just to satisfy my gambling urge, and I only gamble with a very small percentage of my portfolio.

I believe the best investment strategy is to identify good companies that have some unique capability and likely to use their unique feature(s) to provide huge profits in the future. But I want to start with companies that are profitable and preferably growing (although that can be hard for tech companies in a recession). Then I use TA for entry and exit points.

I'll post a TA analysis of CREE, RMBS and AMCC in the next day or so.

Merry Christmas Erick and all you KP'ers,

NukeJohn

PS: Erick, I have recently been diagnosed with RA, and I already had OA in my right knee which was injured from football (no medial meniscus left and my ACL is also gone). I had arthroscopic knee surgery 4 weeks ago, and the prognosis is not good. I have an unloader brace, but it looks like in 5-10 years I'll have to have an artificial knee. Not the end of the world , but not something I'm looking forward to. Erick, do you think the cartilage implant surgery will be viable (the stuff Genzyme is working on) in 5-10 years? Do you think Orthopoedic Surgeons will ever be able to replace a meniscus?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.