Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello Motley Team!
I am anticipating being heir to about $300,000 cash following my Mom’s death back in December. I am pondering what to do with this bucket of money. I am 46 years old, but I want to adopt a capital preservation strategy with this bucket of money (I am more aggressive with my own personal investments)
I can consider bond funds (preferably ones with less than 1% expense ratio), IBonds or any combination of safe investments that will earn more than savings accounts and CD’s. I can afford to leave the money untouched for 5 / 10 year, as I still am employed. Any suggestions?

My scenario is this:
No kids
No grandkids
No mortgage or car payment
Not married yet
Not a lot of credit card debt
No loans

So basically I have this money to invest however I wish. I do anticipate wanting to purchase a time share down the road though
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.