No. of Recommendations: 1
re:
I think most of us will want it warm when we're skinny 87 year olds. If we make it. OTOH, she barely needs A/C in summer ;-)
and
I would have to spend a lot of money on air conditioning all year round to do this (referring to 55/60 in my post). :-)

I agree with alstromeria that if I make it to 87 I will probably want it warmer, but probably not 75F in the winter. I remember my grandfather living in a trailer in Florida with little to no air conditioning AND wearing a sweater in the summer. I just about died when I visited him.

I will NEVER live where it is as hot as Phoenix. I have time-of-use and put my air conditioning down to 72F most of the time in the summer, but from 3pm to 8pm M-F non-holidays I don't use air conditioning (or other high use appliances), only a single overhead fan. It has gotten as hot as 82F inside by about 6pm. But those few hours of discomfort mean that I pay about $110 for electric for the hottest month. Of course I also live in Georgia where we have some very cheap energy because of nuclear (and maybe hydro?).

Art is right. I should live in Vermont. My family is in the South so that is not likely to happen.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.