Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Re: “I'm going to start calling MDP sell recs 'lemming alerts'. As soon as the alert hit my mailbox the chart fell off a cliff. So much for selling using a limit order.

Here is a tune to hum the next time you see a sell request:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhCKHLDBnwI

Historically, if someone built a portfolio based upon MDP’s sell recs, and purchased either at or below the team’s sale price, then they’d be significantly outperforming the MDP portfolio... Unfortunately the mad rush to get in or out often works against those who are in a hurry. I suspect that some of the best investors here have learned the art of patience and wait for their price targets... Hopefully luvtosew’s decision to wait until June works out well for him/her.

Take care,

Robear
Who realizes past results are not necessarily indicative of future results; especially when you have a team that is always striving to improve.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.