No. of Recommendations: 4
Re my mid 2012 MacBookPro that I was having problems with.

Thanks for everyone's ideas and input.
I let an Apple Genius look at it and it turned out to be the hd cable, the hd is fine.

This was the first time I had been to the Apple Store, which is 60 miles from here, or the Genius Bar.
I was surprised that when I called the store my call was not answered at the store but by Apple. I talked with a tech several states away who tried to help me resolve the problem at home rather than take it in. We talked 4 times, she called me 3 times to follow up. I was rather impressed.

At the Apple Store they were all about business and took care of the problem. If it had been the hd I was going to bring it back home and put a ssd in it myself. Since they had it open to see if it was the cable I went ahead and let them replace it and I am now good to go.

I am inclined to think that this has been going on for quite a while. The computer is now updated and it is much faster than I can remember it being.

Again, thanks to all.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.