Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Just noticed today that both CGA and YONG were only recommended one time. CGA still shows a very positive return (+93%) for GG since it was rec'd in Nov. 2008. YONG is down about 55% from the rec in May 2010. Both were noted as best buy/ buy several times over the last 18 months. The lack of a formal re-rec never really dawned on me until now.

This leads me to a GG philosophy question. Where is the line between making a re-rec and repeatedly making the stock a best buy? Lately, GDFZY might be an example. Until recently, it would have applied to CGA and YONG. Is it simply a matter of the new rec being "the best of the best"? Or, is there some reluctance to make re-recs?

Simple
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Or, is there some reluctance to make re-recs

Are you kidding me? NTDOY was recommended thrice - all of them losing, so far. There are others too...

Anurag
also other than NTDOY - AIB, CEO, CHL, HDB, CMFO, ALV were all recommended twice. How many re-recs do you want?

Anurag
No. of Recommendations: 6
also other than NTDOY - AIB, CEO, CHL, HDB, CMFO, ALV were all recommended twice. How many re-recs do you want?

Hi Anurag,

Maybe 14 or so? That would seem to be a sensible number.

Rich
No. of Recommendations: 4
Maybe 14 or so? That would seem to be a sensible number.

Man, some of you are so annoying. I just realized the easiest way to check is by doing a ticker sort.

Here is the complete list of re-recs:
ADDYY, AIB, AKO, ALV, AMX, BLX, CEO, CHL, CMFO, FRCOY, GSH, HDB, KHDHF (MIL), NTDOY, NVS, PDS, PVD, SLT, UEPS, UL

That is 20 re-recs. Happy now?

Anurag
No. of Recommendations: 3
That is 20 re-recs. Happy now?

Oh, geez, Anurag, not really. I only wanted 14 or so. Can you redo your search in some new way that gets us to that more desirable number?

Trusting your ingenuity . . . .

Thanks,

Rich
Can you redo your search in some new way that gets us to that more desirable number?

Trusting your ingenuity . . . .

This will be somewhat challenging. If we take out the pink sheets on the basis of US investors not being able to buy, we may get there. What say?

Anurag
If we take out the pink sheets on the basis of US investors not being able to buy, we may get there. What say?

I knew you could do it! Brilliant!

Wow, what a relief.

You are "da man" !

Best,

Rich
Anurag and Rich,

Just want you guys to know that I love this thread.

I also have another angle for you, Anurag. Some of those re-recs were in annual review issues, so you could classify them differently and almost certainly hit your target that way or perhaps find that we're over due for another.

You might also disqualify HDB and CHL as they were recommended, sold (and never returned to anywhere near where the sale was made in the case of CHL), and then re-recommended. So, there were never two open positions at the same time. Again, it all comes down to how you want to define a re-rec.

Best,

Nathan
LOL. If I had a point to make, I don't remember what it was.

Simple
Feynman would be proud of you :)
-----------------
GG Home Fool