No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings fellow Fools!

I have been reading the board for the past few months,
anticipating the moment when my DW and I would start looking for a house.
Well the moment is upon us. We are ready to jump in and begin our home search.
I have learned a lot from this message board, and the Fool's Buying a Home section.

One issue I am having difficulty with is determining how much home we can really afford. The approach I am taking towards this is trying to create a projected budget for our new house. Certain things on our current budget plan will change. Our rent will disappear, to be replaced by a mortgage payment. Our gas and electric bill will likely be higher. We will now be paying for our own heat. There are many other additional expenses. What I am trying to determine is what additional information should I find out about a house before deciding to buy?

Here are the questions that I have so far.

1) What are the taxes on this house.
2) What are the average electric/gas bills
3) What is the average water bill

So my question to you Fools is:
What are the other monthly expenses involved in owning a home?

Excited and Nervous,
MadAmos
Print the post  

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.